[Phpmyadmin-devel] whats on with $rs in common.lib.php?

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Thu Nov 17 03:37:04 CET 2005

Garvin Hicking wrote:
> Hi Sebastian!
>
>> can some pls check for $rs and make the code a little bit more clear about this
>> variable?
>
> $rs holds the variable reference to the Database connection handler (=ressource)
> of the executed query statement.
>
>> i have given up trying to fully understand whats going with this variable ...
>
> What exactly are you trying to understand? Maybe we can give you a better clue
> then?

  - the name could be more descriptive
  - its only set inside an if statement but used always, so this could
lead to unset variable notice
  - its send to the function even if empty

at least: can it be unset at the end?

this all makes it hard to 'read' the code

im talking mainly about the code on lines 1498 to 1547

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de
www.sf.net/projects/phpdatetime | www.sf.net/projects/phptimesheet