[Phpmyadmin-devel] database statistics only for superusers?

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Nov 17 05:42:02 CET 2005

Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> why are the database statistics only available to superusers?
> can we change this?

You're right. In fact, in a performance point of view, they should be
_disabled_ for superusers and enabled for normal users! Just kidding.

The only thing that scares me is that on a server where normal users
have too much privileges (like a global SELECT), they could ask for
stats and load too much the server. But this is not really our problem...

So please enable them for everyone.

Marc