[Phpmyadmin-devel] localized language name in dropdown

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Fri Nov 25 07:51:11 CET 2005

Hi,

I like it, but if we choose a non-UTF-8 language, display of many special
characters becomes corrupted in the dropdown.

By the way, too bad that at this point (cookie-based login panel) we don't know
the MySQL version, so we cannot decide to avoid displaying non-UTF-8 choices....
but now that MySQL 4.0.x can be considered old, why don't we reverse the logic
and by default avoid to display non-UTF-8 choices?

Marc