[Phpmyadmin-devel] MySQL 5.0.13 'view' becomes 'VIEW'

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Tue Oct 4 23:50:36 CEST 2005

Marc Delisle wrote:
> Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
>> Marc Delisle schrieb:

>>> It should recognize both, IMO. Are you working on this?
>>

>> no, i just stumbled over, as upgrading my MySQL
>>

> Initial testing indicates that changing line 40 in
> tbl_properties_table_info.php to
>
> if (PMA_MYSQL_INT_VERSION >= 50000 && !isset($showtable['Type']) &&
> isset($showtable['Comment']) && strtolower($showtable['Comment']) ==
> 'view') {
>
> might be enough, please confirm.

i would prefer

   strtoupper( $showtable['Comment'] ) == 'VIEW'

as in most cases $showtable['Comment'] will be UPPERcase

and doing an strtoupper() on an UPPERcase string is faster than doing
strtolower on an UPPERcase string (at least on Windows by 50%)

beside the fact that it looks 'more correct' as it normally and
correctly would be 'VIEW' and not 'view'

and possible leave a comment hinting that fact for MySQL 5.0.<12

db_details_structure.php: line #197, #443

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de
www.sf.net/projects/phpdatetime | www.sf.net/projects/phptimesheet