[Phpmyadmin-devel] use of session_name()

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Tue Oct 11 01:45:48 CEST 2005

Marc Delisle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have a problem on our (new) demo on sf.net, because of the call to
> session_name('phpMyAdmin') in libraries/session.inc.php. This is not
> supported on sf.net.
>
> Do we really need this in the code? Or can we detect in advance this
> problem?

session_name() is required to different between two phpMyAdmin
installations on the same (virtual)host - if the cookie-path is '/'

why is session_name not supported? i mean, whats missing?
or what does it mean 'not supported on sf.net'?

function_exists( session_name() ); ??

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de