[Phpmyadmin-devel] 3.0-dev

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Thu Sep 15 10:16:30 CEST 2005

Hi

On Thu 15. 9. 2005 18:36, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Ok then, but at least lets go to 2.7.0. This will help users
> and support people clearly understand that versions after 2.6.x
> are configured differently.

Please note there is nothing different for ordinal users, they just put
their old config.inc.php as they could do before. This time they may be
will read documentation to find out they can really do this :-).

> >>- we are 7 years old!
> >
> > This is a bad reason ;-)
>
> Right, so we should be at version 7.0 ;)

The usual reason for big version increments is to beat competitors. The
phpMyAdmin GUI company has version 2005, so we should release at least
2006 ;-).

--
    Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com