[Phpmyadmin-devel] querywindow

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Sun Sep 25 00:00:01 CEST 2005

Michal Čihař schrieb:
> Hi Sebastian
>
> as first thing I have to admit, that I never got to read and understand
> that query window stuff. It's just too much javascript for me ;-).
>
> However searching CVS logs, I found that hash was originally added
> because of mixing query frames among different phpMyAdmin instances
> (bug 723713, [1]).If you can make it work without it, I thing everybody
> will be happy (at least I hate our current frameset generating magic).

damn good that im not the only one having trouble with current
frameset/javascript implementation for this querywindow stuff ... ;-)

so, till today no one adressed or even recognized the problem with
window hijacking?

and second: the queryframe is only introduced for the querywindow? so if
the querywindow doesnt need this frame anymore we can get rid of this?

my solution would be:

replace ANY window names with crypted! (window hijacking)

left frame gererates window object querywindow

  var querywindow = open(...);

every access required to the qerywindow will got through this frame

  frames[0].querywindow...

access from the querywindow will user opener

  opener.frame[0] ... the left frame
  opener.frame[1] ... the phpmain frame

--
Sebastian Mendel