[Phpmyadmin-devel] sessions/cookies vs. javascript

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Sep 27 02:23:33 CEST 2005

Hi

On Tue 27. 9. 2005 11:17, Sebastian Mendel wrote:
> with sessions/cookies the different window names (required for
> querywindow) can be easily stored in the session/cookie
>
> so this would be accessible from everywhere without annoying
> javascript
>
> (also the javascritp capabilty of the browser at all, can be stored
> there to get rid of this noscript constructs everywhere)
>
> was there any discusions regarding sessions in the past? are there
> any important points that speak against sessions?

There was discussion in far away past, which lead to consensus that we
can not use sessions until they're natively in PHP. As you can see, it
was in times of PHP 3 :-).

In fact sessions could solve lot of problems with redirects and large
SQL queries we have, however nobody has yet implemented that.

If you're going to implement this, do not forget that sessions should
work also without cookies enabled.

--
    Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com