[Phpmyadmin-devel] config.inc.php with comments

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Tue Apr 11 06:21:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

to ease installation, shouldn't we add a config.inc.php with only comments:

<?php
// This is an empty config.inc.php. With this file you can connect
// to localhost with user "root" and no password.
//
// If you are upgrading, see Documentation.html, in the Installation
// section, the "Upgrading" paragraph.
//
// For a new installation, you can use our web-based setup script.
// See Documentation.html, "Setup script". Alternatively, you can
// copy libraries/config.default.php over the present config.inc.php
?>

Users are not supposed to upgrade from CVS. Maybe some do, so those
would have a problem... But the majority of users would be guided.

Marc