[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: config.inc.php with comments

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Tue Apr 11 08:06:02 CEST 2006

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:01:13 -0400
> Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
>
>> What about the idea of calling the setup script when no config.inc.php
>> is found, but add some doc links on the setup page, linking to the
>> upgrade section and to the setup script section in the doc?
>
> If auth fails with no config, we point user to setup right now. What
> more do you want to do?

Thanks, I did not remember this. And when user clicks on the link, if
the config dir does not exist he gets further links to the doc for setup
script explanations; good.

So what would be missing, maybe at the first point where we tell them to
use the setup script, would be a link to the upgrade section, and --
maybe -- a hint that they can copy libraries/config.default.php to
config.inc.php (if we want to tell them that, but users are telling that
in the forums).

Marc