[Phpmyadmin-devel] static contents of session

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Tue Aug 1 14:12:02 CEST 2006

Marc Delisle schrieb:
>  From Juergen Windkiel:
> -----------
> Why has to be so much static (and not user/session related)
> info in the sessions? my session files are 15KB+ of mostly
> redundant (30K if i have all themes installed).
>
> As many providers grant user access to pma, it may be of concern
> ("disk/memory usage").
>
> Can you plz give me a hint(link) , what reasons led to this
> concept?
> ------------

the session file will become even larger if we start storing
server/db/table/index/procedure/... objects in the session

15 or 150k or even more should not a problem for an ISP providing
database servers to his customers

session file needs to be loaded every time - so why not move as most as
possible into this file and try not to load additional files like
config.inc.php, themes with every request.

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de