[Phpmyadmin-devel] phpMyAdmin 2.8.2.1 is released

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Wed Aug 2 23:06:48 CEST 2006

            _           __  __          _       _           _
      _ __ | |__  _ __ |  \/  |_   _   / \   __| |_ __ ___ (_)_ __
     | "_ \| "_ \| "_ \| |\/| | | | | / _ \ / _` | "_ ` _ \| | "_ \
     | |_) | | | | |_) | |  | | |_| |/ ___ \ (_| | | | | | | | | | |
     | .__/|_| |_| .__/|_|  |_|\__, /_/   \_\__,_|_| |_| |_|_|_| |_|
     |_|         |_|           |___/
2.8.2.1
                                      http://www.phpmyadmin.net

     phpMyAdmin 2.8.2.1 - August 2nd, 2006
     =====================================

       A set of PHP-scripts to administrate MySQL over the Web.

     Announcement
     ------------

        The phpMyAdmin Project is proud to announce the immediate
availability
        of phpMyAdmin 2.8.2.1. No new features appear in this version --
        it's a bugfix only release.

        Development of new features is happening in the 2.9 series.

        phpMyAdmin is a web administration tool for MySQL databases,
intended to
        handle a whole database server as well as a single database.
Over the years,
        it has become the most popular Web GUI for MySQL and is
downloaded between 6,000
        and 14,000 times a day, according to SourceForge.net.

     New fixes in 2.8.2.1
     --------------------

     * darkblue_orange theme not readable
     * setup script: protect against PHP code input from user
     * blank page after Edit in IE6 via IIS
     * reload default configuration if config.inc.php is removed

       Detailed list of changes is available under
       http://www.phpmyadmin.net/ChangeLog.txt

     Availability

         This way, you will be informed of new updates and security fixes.
         It is a read only list, and traffic is not greater than a few
         mail every year.

     Support and Documentation
     -------------------------

         The documentation is included in the software package as text and
         HTML file, but can also be downloaded from:

            http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/

         The software is provided as is without any express or implied
         warranty, but there is a bugs tracker page under:

            http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/   [click on "Bugs"]

         In addition, there are also a number of discussion lists
         related to phpMyAdmin.  A list of mailing lists with archives
         is available at:

            http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=23067  or
            http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/   [click on "Lists"]

         Finally, an users support forum is also available under:

     Known bugs
       or regularly check the sourceforge bugs tracker.

     Donations
     ---------
       The project accepts donations to help improve the product. There is
       a "Donations" link on http://www.phpmyadmin.net.

     Description
     -----------

       (from http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation)
       phpMyAdmin handles the administration of MySQL over the Web. It
       can manage a whole MySQL server as well as a single database.

         Currently it can:

      * easily browse through databases and tables
      * create, copy, rename, alter and drop databases
      * create, copy, rename, alter and drop tables
      * do table maintenance
      * add, edit and drop fields
      * execute any SQL-statement, even multiple queries
      * create, alter and drop indexes
      * load text files into tables
      * create (*) and read dumps of tables or databases
      * export (*) data to SQL, CSV, XML, Word, Excel, PDF and Latex formats
      * administer multiple servers
      * manage MySQL users and privileges
      * check server settings and runtime information with configuration
hints
      * check referential integrity in MyISAM tables
      * using Query-by-example (QBE), create complex queries
automatically connecting required tables
      * create PDF graphics of your Database layout
      * search globally in a database or a subset of it
      * transform stored data into any format using a set of predefined
functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
      * support InnoDB tables and foreign keys (see FAQ 3.6)
      * support mysqli, the improved MySQL extension (see FAQ 1.17)
      * communicate in 50 different languages

         (*)  phpMyAdmin can compress (Zip, GZip -RFC 1952- or Bzip2
formats)
              dumps and CSV exports if you use PHP4 >= 4.0.4 with Zlib
support
              (--with-zlib) and/or Bzip2 support (--with-bz2).

     Authors & Copyright
     -------------------

         Copyright (C) 1998-2000 Tobias Ratschiller
<tobias_at_ratschiller.com>
         Copyright (C) 2001-2006 Marc Delisle
<Marc.Delisle_at_cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca>
                                 Olivier Müller <om_at_omnis.ch>
                                 Robin Johnson
<robbat2_at_users.sourceforge.net>
                                 Alexander M. Turek <me_at_derrabus.de>
                                 Michal Cihar <michal_at_cihar.com>
                                 Garvin Hicking <me_at_supergarv.de>
                                 Sebastian Mendel
<cybot_tm_at_users.sourceforge.net>
                                 + many other people
                                   (check the CREDITS section of our
documentation)

         This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify
         it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
published by
         (at your option) any later version.

         Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA
02111-1307  USA

   Marc Delisle/ 2006-08-02