[Phpmyadmin-devel] PMA_safe_db_list()

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Thu Aug 3 15:19:27 CEST 2006

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
>> Sebastian Mendel schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> PMA_safe_db_list() first tries to use SHOW DATABASES if it fails it
>>> tries mysql.db and inside this code there is a query with SHOW DATABASES
>>> again ... why?
>>>
>>> did i missed something there?
>> and all this workaround if SHOW DATABASES is disabled does not work, at
>> least as i tried it by just always returning empty array from
>> PMA_DBI_get_dblist()
>>
>> tested with root having all rights and additional explicit to `mysql`
>> and `phpmyadmin`
>>
>> any clues?
>
> Sebastian,
> I have to work now but I'll look at all your questions in about 3 hours.

sending more mails does not mean that i want to force you to answer my
questions, it is just to keep the list up to date with my
'investigation' ... i know that you not ignore any messages sent here :-)

and i just need confirmation that this does not only not work on my system.

i just try forcing phpMyAdmin to walk through all possible ways - and i
just found out that most of the fallback code does not work there - i
think it is just that nobody runs a ver SHOW DATABASES disabled ...

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de