[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.10.0-dev: No column sorting possible

Jürgen Wind jwind at ngi.de
Wed Aug 16 14:52:18 CEST 2006

Garvin Hicking-2 wrote:

> Hi!
>
>> "ORDER BY `table` . `colum` DESC"
>
> The additional space is making the string compare fail.
>
> This patch seems to fix it:
>
> http://nopaste.php-q.net/232872
>
> I don't know if that introduces side effects. I think the better fix would
> be to
> look why extra spaces have been introduced before and after the "."?
>
> Regards,
> Garvin
>
> --
> Garvin Hicking   | Web-Entwickler | Make me happy:
> www.supergarv.de | #ICQ 21392242  | http://wishes.garv.info/

the fix works so far.
maybe the problem was introduced after chg.:
sqlparser.lib.php 2.50 2 weeks cybot_tm correctly unquote identifiers
( near display_tbl.lib.php,v 2.108 2006/08/02 15:40:12 cybot,
i am not yet too familiar whith the code to find out quickly
but now i know where to dig for that 'smart' thing :)