[Phpmyadmin-devel] Session based single signon

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Sun Aug 27 13:25:04 CEST 2006

Michal,
it's interesting and I have a few comments.

I don't think we should force to have SignonURL. Let's take an
application like Moodle that has its own auth method and keeps
credentials available for all its modules. In the interface they would
offer a link to phpMyAdmin and now with the new signon auth_type, they
only have to set in their session
$_SESSION['PMA_single_signon_user']
$_SESSION['PMA_single_signon_password']

then in PMA, configure SignonSession and the auth_type. PMA would not be
called directly.

Forcing a SignonURL means that users first start PMA which calls an
external URL for auth. I'm talking about the case when another app is
started first.

Marc