[Phpmyadmin-devel] insert/update row with file contents

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Tue Dec 12 16:21:28 CET 2006

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
>> Sebastian Mendel schrieb:

>>> i am not talking about uploaded files via form, i am talking about the
>>> file a user can select when $cfg['UploadDir'] is set
>>>
>>> if open_basedir restriction is set PMA checks for a directory ./tmp/,
>>> only checks, but does not create it, i don't know if this mentioned
>>> somewhere in the documentation
>>>
>>> if this directory exists and is writable, PMA trys to move the file out
>>> of the $cfg['UploadDir'] to this tmp-directory with the function
>>> move_uploaded_file() ... IMHO this will not work!
>>>

>>> can anyone confirm?
>> after manually creating this ./tmp/ directory in /phpMyAdmin/
>> move_uploaded_file() returns false - this is what i expected
>>

>> my questions are:
>>
>> is it inetentionally that phpMyAdmin does not try to create this ./tmp/
>
> This might be impossible on a server running in safe mode, ownership
> would be wrong.

i didn't tried this, but can't imagine ...

>> folder or use a config variable for this?
>
> Could be done, but I wonder about the permissions.

i don't understand why this file is moved (or better tried to be moved),
if the file can be accessed than i can read in the contents and there is
no need to move the file before read in the contents ...

i think nijel or garvin did write this code - anyone of you remember why
it is/was used this way?

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de