[Phpmyadmin-devel] insert/update row with file contents

Jürgen Wind jwind at gmx.de
Tue Dec 12 17:17:09 CET 2006

Sebastian Mendel wrote:

> Jürgen Wind schrieb:
>>

>> i don't think so, php.ini says:
>>
>> ; open_basedir, if set, limits all file operations to the defined
>> directory
>> ; and below.
>> ;---8<---
>> open_basedir = /HTdocs
>> ;TESTING
>>
>> and i have pma in D:\HTdocs\pmaxxxx
>>

> if your upload tmp dir (php.ini) is outside from of open_base_dir you
> can not open the uplaoded file ...
>
> using PHP 5.2.0, winxp, Apache tmp_name is even empty
>

> --
> Sebastian Mendel

yes, but the FAQ 1.11 says:

...*all* you have to do is create a 'tmp' directory under the phpMyAdmin
install directory, with permissions 777 and the same owner as the owner of
your phpMyAdmin directory. The uploaded files will be moved there, and after
execution of your SQL commands, removed.

in addition i second your opinion that there is no need for
move_uploaded_file if the file is
coming from upload_dir (my upload_dir is inside base_dir)