[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: [Phpmyadmin-cvs] CVS: phpMyAdmin/libraries/dbi

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Mon Feb 20 04:40:01 CET 2006

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:18:48 +0100
> Sebastian Mendel <lists at sebastianmendel.de> wrote:
>

>>btw. possible we should/could add a message on main.php if mysql client
>>lib and MySQL server version differs (knowing that this is not the
>>source of this problem as even with server version same as client lib
>>version the error would occur if the client is below <5.0 or something)
>>
>>"Your mysql client lib version (x.xx.xx) differs from your server
>>version (x.xx.xx), MySQL AB advises to use same versions, as there are
>>several errors that can happen."
>>
>>or something similar ...
>

> Yes it can be added, but with possibility to disable such warning as in
> some cases there is no other option than having different versions.

I just got an idea. We display several warnings about environment issues that
can affect PMA. We could centralise those on a page, callable from main page,
for example "Advise about environment" or something similar. This way we would
avoid new config variables to disable those.

If we go this way, we would have to decide about which warnings are very
important, for example the one about root and no password. Those should be
issued on the main page.

Marc