[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: globals

Garvin Hicking phpmyadmin at supergarv.de
Tue Jan 10 02:59:04 CET 2006

Hi!

>> Yes, templates would be great, but I still do not see advantage of db
>> stored strings ;-).
>
> - strings will be fetched at and of script (after all other tasks
> finished

It should be thought of that upgrading will be harder, because phpMyAdmin first
needs to insert all new/updated strings into the database. This will require a
PMA updating facility, which connects properly to the database. That in turn
means, the user either has to specify the password on upgrade, or the password
needs to be stored in clear text on-disc.

I actually think this large overhead doesn't balance the positive effects of a
DB-stored language interface...?

Regards,
Garvin

--