[Phpmyadmin-devel] Permissions check in CVS

Cyber Dog cyberdog3k at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 12:00:02 CET 2006

On 1/11/06, Sebastian Mendel <lists at sebastianmendel.de> wrote:
> Cyber Dog schrieb:
> > On 1/10/06, Sebastian Mendel <lists at sebastianmendel.de> wrote:
> >> just set the file to write-protected! (read-only)
> >
> > I tried setting several sets of restricted permissions, none of which
> > worked.  Do you have an exact permission set you know works?
>
> yes, set file to read-only.
>
> you know ... left click - properties - mark 'read only' under attributes
> - ok
>

> > (And I thought Michal said he disabled under Windows, so can it even
> > be tested against the current CVS?)
>
> i don't know if Michal already implemented this
>

> --
> Sebastian Mendel
>
> www.sebastianmendel.de
> www.sf.net/projects/phpdatetime | www.sf.net/projects/phptimesheet

Sebastian - You're correct, checking read only DOES fix the problem.
I was implementing the permissions in the NTFS ACLs
(Properties>Security).  The NTFS ACL method did NOT seem to work
correctly.  I'm not familiar with the PHP method for determining file
security, but apparently it's not accounting for the NTFS ACLs (either
that or I just really screwed up setting them to match...).

Michal - First of all, your fix works fine on Windows, I tested
today's CVS.  Secondly, when I removed the Windows OS check you added
and set read-only as Sebastian suggested, it _did_ work properly.  I
think if we re-add Windows to the check, the method for setting read
only needs to be documented for Windows....even though some may
consider it obvious, I'm so used to setting the NTFS ACLs for access
rights, I did not even consider setting read only on the entire file.

-
Matt