[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: 2.7.1 roadmap

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Tue Jan 24 07:04:04 CET 2006

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
>> Marc Delisle schrieb:

>>> So it's time to clarify the branch names.
>>>
>>> HEAD would contain the new features + obviously all the bug fixes.
>>>
>>> RELEASE_2_8_0 would contain ... 2.8.0, what a surprise!
>>
>> HEAD
>>
>>  - branch 2_8
>>
>>   - branch 2_8_0  // * 2006-01-23 *
>>
>>      release 2_8_0_0 // RC1
>>      release 2_8_0_1 // RC2
>>      release 2_8_0_2 // FINAL
>>      release 2_8_0_3 // very quick release (security fix, pl1)
>
> I find this confusing. Are we talking only about CVS tags or also about
> the naming of the downloadable files?

i was mainly talking about the cvs tags/branches

> I prefer if users clearly see what they download:
> phpMyAdmin-2.8.0-rc1
> phpMyAdmin-2.8.0
> phpMyAdmin-2.8.0.1 (used to be 2.8.0-pl1)

the downloads don't need the last version numbers

2.8.0.0 can named as 2.8-RC1 or 2.8.0 RC1 as download file name
2.8.0.3 can named as 2.8-pl1 if you _really_ want this plx
2.8.1.0 can named as 2.8.1
2.8.1.1 can named as 2.8.1-pl1

i also often saw

2.7.9   as  2.8-RC1
2.7.9.1 as  2.8-RC2
2.8     as  2.8(-Final)

normally the last (fourth) number is the build number,

> So I don't like the idea of 2.8.0.2 being a final one. This said, I see
> that MailScanner (http://mailscanner.info) are releasing their version
> 4.49.7-1 as their stable version (maybe this is their patch level 1 for
> the stable 4.49.7) but I don't like it. Maybe it's just me?

the number after the - is the rpm paket version, not the app version

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de
www.sf.net/projects/phpdatetime | www.sf.net/projects/phptimesheet