[Phpmyadmin-devel] CVS tags and branches [was: Re: 2.7.1 roadmap]
michal at cihar.com
Wed Jan 25 00:49:02 CET 2006
I meant just tag names, to conform PEAR. The structure is up to us.
Well I'd anyway prefer using something else what support branches
better than CVS as CVS sucks in this field, especially in merging
changes across branches.
I'd suggest to use following:
- QA_2_7_0 (branch)
- RELEASE_2_7_0 (tag)
- MAINT_2_7_0 (optional, branch point is RELEASE_2_7_0)
- RELEASE_2_7_0_1 (former 2.7.0-pl1)
- RELEASE_2_7_0_2 (former 2.7.0-pl2)
- RELEASE_2_7_1 (tag)
- MAINT_2_7_1 (optional, branch point is RELEASE_2_7_1)
- QA_2_8_0 (branch)
- RELEASE_2_8_0 (tag)
- MAINT_2_8_0 (optional, branch point is RELEASE_2_8_0)
- RELEASE_2_8_1 (tag)
- MAINT_2_8_1 (optional, branch point is RELEASE_2_8_1)
And so on.
Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Developers