[Phpmyadmin-devel] font sizes, css, IE quirks mode, scrollbars

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Wed Jul 5 20:58:22 CEST 2006

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
>>
>> Marc Delisle schrieb:

>>> Sebastian,
>>> forcing a vertical scrollbar solves this IE horizontal scrollbar problem:
>>>
>>> html {
>>> 	overflow-y: scroll;
>>> }
>>>
>>> What do you think about it?
>> yes, this is also one of the mentioned solutions i do not prefer, so we
>> would have always a scrollbar in navigation frame!
>>
>> of course this is not a problem at all, but
>>
>>  - it looks ugly
>>  - it wastes spaces, especially in the navigation frame
>>
>> but it is also a more 'cleaner' and smaller solution ... i don't know
>
> Yes it's cleaner, smaller, less code to maintain and understand...
> especially since we are doing it as a bug workaround!

a bugfix for about more 50% of the people, just remember all this posts
about font size - do you think no one will blame on us for the scrollbars?

but i have no problem with this - i don't use IE and both workarounds
affect only IE

> Maybe we could force this vertical scrollbar only if we detect IE 6? I
> say IE 6 because they might fix this for IE 7?

yes, with conditional css, like i have it on the above mentioned site
too - check the different scrollbar positions in FF and IE

--
Sebastian