[Phpmyadmin-devel] $is_superuser and ShowPhpInfo

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Mon Jul 10 01:40:10 CEST 2006

Hi,

after this change:
http://phpmyadmin.cvs.sourceforge.net/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin/main.php?r1=2.83&r2=2.84

we no longer present the "Show PHP information" to superusers if
$cfg['ShowPhpInfo'] is false.

But, our doc says:
$cfg['ShowPhpInfo'] boolean
$cfg['ShowChgPassword'] boolean
$cfg['ShowCreateDb'] boolean
     Defines whether to display the "PHP information" and "Change
password " links and form for creating database or not for simple users
at the starting main (right) frame. This setting does not check MySQL
commands entered directly.

As I read this doc, it seems to apply to "simple users". So I would like
to revert to previous behavior. IMO, a superuser should always see this
link. The intention of the ShowPhpInfo parameter was to block this
information for simple users -- well, at least, to block displaying the
link.

Marc