[Phpmyadmin-devel] config.inc.php (again)

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Tue Jun 27 16:34:37 CEST 2006

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:02:11 -0400
> Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
>
>> The main argument in favor of having a config.inc.php is probably that
>> there has been a config.inc.php in phpMyAdmin since 1998, so in general
>> people expect it.
>
> I would prefer to make some changes to setup script to make it easier
> to use. If connection with empty config fails, we point user to setup
> script, he configures everything and then it attempts to save config.
> If that fails, we can offer it for download.

I'm not 100% convinced about not having a config.inc.php but I agree
with your idea for the moment. Do you want to split this work with me?

We'll also have to make sure that this bug
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1471501&group_id=23067&atid=377408
is fixed. Maybe Sebastian has an idea about this?

>> One of the reasons to stop having config.inc.php in the kit was to avoid
>>    having to keep the BC code up to date.
>
> The "BC" code is now used everytime, having full config.inc.php only
> does not allow us to change things that most users won't change like
> function defitions. Maybe it's time to move these things out of config
> as we do modify them anyway later according to MySQL version.

So, in libraries/config.default.php, everything starting from "MySQL
settings" would be moved somewhere else, like in
libraries/common.lib.php just after
$_SESSION['PMA_Config'] = new PMA_Config('./config.inc.php');

?