[Phpmyadmin-devel] config.inc.php (again)

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Tue Jun 27 17:38:36 CEST 2006

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Michal Čihař a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:02:11 -0400
>> Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> The main argument in favor of having a config.inc.php is probably that
>>> there has been a config.inc.php in phpMyAdmin since 1998, so in general
>>> people expect it.
>> I would prefer to make some changes to setup script to make it easier
>> to use. If connection with empty config fails, we point user to setup
>> script, he configures everything and then it attempts to save config.
>> If that fails, we can offer it for download.
>
> I'm not 100% convinced about not having a config.inc.php but I agree
> with your idea for the moment. Do you want to split this work with me?
>
> We'll also have to make sure that this bug
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1471501&group_id=23067&atid=377408
> is fixed. Maybe Sebastian has an idea about this?

sounds wired, i dont know how why the config file is not being read even
after browser shutdown (session cookies have always zero lifetime and
will be deleted with browser shutdown), whether the browser was not
shutdown completely or he has some permission errors with his config
file ... possible we/i can add some code to always check if
config.onc.php exists if the current file is config.default.php and also
check permissions ... but i think i remember that permissions already
checked?!? ... will look into this, ... have some wired problems with
sf.net authorization at the moment ...

--
Sebastian