[Phpmyadmin-devel] Branding problem, 2.8

Gary W. Smith gary at primeexalia.com
Tue Mar 28 17:14:13 CEST 2006

Hello,

I recently downloaded 2.8 to replace 2.6 that we currently use in an
embedded internal app.  When I say embedded I mean within another set of
html pages.  Using 2.6 and prior we would typically hack the index.php
page and add an additional frameset with a header of the primary app.
This worked great.

In 2.8 this seems to break.  That is if we add our additional frameset
and pull up the page it looks fine but clicking on the database
navigation puts the wrong content in the wrong frames.  Normally I would
expect to see a content change to frames 1 and 2 (as per the default
install) but with our application it should be frames 2 and 3.

I wouldn't think this to be a problem if phpmyadmin is using named
frames and not an index.  But this logic seems to be wrong now.  Is this
an intended change (going from frame names/id's to indexes) or is there
something else that I have missed in terms of changed from 2.6 to 2.8

Do you have any suggestions as to how embed this app into an existing
frame structure going forward?

Gary Wayne Smith