[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAX UI Project

Dougal Matthews dougal85 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 14:13:25 CET 2006

Hi, I'm still in the early stages of the project and I am still identifying
the areas that i want to add this functionality. I will take a look at the
feature request and consider these.

I do not plan on creating what feels like a 'complete' AJAX application like
windows live mail, gmail etc. As i don't think this is the best use of this
architecture and also I have time constraints.

Some particular areas that I have considered so far include, editing tables.
Save you having to click through various pages and clicking save etc.
Another was making SQL queries return the result with AJAX, this would make
querying allot more 'enjoyable' (if it ever can be enjoyable :))

There are many places that I thought could experience advantages with the
use of this technology...

As I am doing it as a project for my final year in university my advice from
my supervisor may influence what I work on along with time constraints. When
I have a working list of goals I will post it.

Dougal

On 24/11/06, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:10:52 +0000
> "Dougal Matthews" <dougal85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > My name is Dougal. I am a 4th year programming student in Scotland.
> >
> > I am undertaking a honours project on AJAX. I have chosen phpMyAdmin to
> > demonstrate my work as I have to take a previously existing PHP program
> and
> > add a AJAX spin to the user interface.
> >
> > I'll keep you posted with my updates.Advice advice or comments would be
> > greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks for your effort.
>
> BTW: Where do you want to use AJAX? There are some features in feature
> requests tracker which definitely need AJAX usage, so maybe you could
> start with them...
>
> --
>         Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com

Coming soon;