[Phpmyadmin-devel] UTF-8 package

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Oct 4 10:59:59 CEST 2006

Hi

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:14:01 +0200
Michael Keck <sfnet at michaelkeck.de> wrote:

> I think:
>
> - de: utf8 & non utf8
> - fr: utf8 & non utf8
> - all utf8-langs
> - all non utf8-langs
> - big langpack (for ISP, Distributors like SuSE, XAMPP ...)
>   with all languages and charsets (like at the moment)
>
> - pma should be delivered with 'en' as default language.
>
> What you're thinking about this?

That will be much more work on release, when we have 50 translations
[*]. I think just few versions would be enough:

- english-utf-8 only
- utf-8 only [this would be default download option]
- full

[*]: Anyway I don't think it makes sense to have language pack for all
languages, especially those that are far from being complete [1].

[1]: http://cihar.com/phpMyAdmin/stats/translations.php?sort=count