[Phpmyadmin-devel] Subversion?

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Wed Oct 11 14:48:57 CEST 2006

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:44:38 -0400
> Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
>
>> - remigrate our CVS to subversion (Michal had put a
>
> Eh, what did I do? :-)

Sorry, I was disturbed when writing my mail :) You had put a new version
of create-release.sh in the SVN I think.

>> - modify create-release.sh
>
> I volunteer to do this.

Good :)

>> - modify updatecvs.sh
>
> I don't know much about this, but the change should be simple.

I'll check it, but AFAIK the only goal of synchronizing HEAD on our
shell space it for the ChangeLog and doc links.

>> - change directions about CVS on our home page
>
> Should be easy.
>
>> - I'm not sure what will happen with our current CVS repository, anyone
>> familiar with that? Do we/can we delete it/deactivate it? I would like
>> to avoid people still synchronizing with CVS.
>
> I would keep it there, just in case there will be some obscurity in
> conversion and we want to check it. I don't know if it is possible to
> put some deprecated warning there, maybe just add there file
> "USE_SVN_INSTEAD" or something like that :-).

Ok. They changed the migration process, now it's more manual.

We have to agree to a moment where I can migrate, please give me a
window where nobody will write to CVS or access SVN.

I suggest today, I would start at 20:00 UTC.

Marc