[Phpmyadmin-devel] Disabling of tabs

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Fri Oct 20 14:40:35 CEST 2006

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:03:36 +0200
> Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:54:15 -0400
>> Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> We could also set a different color on the tab, but not disable it. On
>>> mouseover, display a message that states that PMA thinks that this table
>>> is empty, or something like that.
>> I thought about similar solution - make the tab work, only make it
>> look disabled.
>
> Any comments about this?

If the tab is greyed, there is a big X on mouseover. What do we do with
this X ?

I think that, if the tab is operational, it should not be greyed. Maybe
instead of being greyed and the big X, there should be a message on
mouseover stating that "this table is probably empty, unless an external
source changed it".

There is also the reverse case: when PMA built the tabs, table was not
empty but now it is!

Marc