[Phpmyadmin-devel] Mail troubles

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Tue Sep 19 15:10:58 CEST 2006

Michal Čihař schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I just noticed that I didn't receive some emails from sourceforge
> mailing lists (noticed because I got Sebastians reply but not my mail
> on which he replies :-)).
>
> So quick reply on recent mails:
>
>> should the database list retrieved with the controluser verified with
>> USE DATABASE like the list retrieved with 'normaluser' in
>> PMA_DBI_get_dblist() for MySQL < 4.0.2 or with preg_*() like it is
>> current with ereg() in PMA_safe_db_list()?
>
> I think USE is much simpler that current code.

simpler or faster? or booth?

but i think we should not care too much about this, as it really should
be no problem to not use skip-showdatabase on current MySQL versions, so
this is just only a fallback.

possible we could display a message if MySQL is above 4.0.2 and
skip-showdatabase is enabled that this can have a performance impact
with phpMyAdmin

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de