[Phpmyadmin-devel] UTF-8 package

Michael Keck sfnet at michaelkeck.de
Fri Sep 29 20:06:48 CEST 2006

--- Original Message ---
Mail from: Marc Delisle
Date: 29.09.2006 19:13

> > It's not a bad suggestion, I'm just trying to see how to do it.
> >
> > I guess a German guy would want to download the main kit plus a language
> > pack containing only German?
> >
> > Marc

Yes  ;)
But I know, it would be really difficult to support such a thing.

An other thing:
Is it possible, that the collation/charset dropdown may be
configurable - hiding none needed charsets? This may be usefull to.

Sample:
I only need UTF-8 charsets, latin-1 charsets and perhabs ISO-Charsets
for my region.
If I disable the not needed charsets in config.inc.php the dropdown box
will always show all available charsets (the not needed too).
I know, that the charset/collation dropdown box is filled by all available
charsets/collations from the MySQL-Server.
But hidding some not needed may be really usefull.

Michael