[Phpmyadmin-devel] Timezone settings

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Sat Aug 4 12:53:23 CEST 2007

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> ---
>> Strict Standards: str*time() [function.str*time]: It is not safe to rely on
>> the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ
>> environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function.
>> ---
>>
>> how should we handle this?
>>
>> by default the date.timezone should be setup in the php.ini
>>
>> so we should check this and set it if not set - but what value?
>>
>> adding one more main.php option to display and setup timezone?
>
> Maybe we could do this:
>
> - temporarily disable E_STRICT like we did in 2.11
> - date_default_timezone_set( date_default_timezone_get() );
> - reenable E_STRICT (if it was active)

'disabling' is not the way i would suggest

phpMyAdmin should just ensure display_errors is disabled - and not alter
error_level()

completely hiding errors was/should only a temporaly solution for cross PHP
4 and 5 version <= 2.11 ...

the admin should see, that he should set default time zone!

the admin should see all errors he want, without the need changing the code

--
Sebastian