[Phpmyadmin-devel] First usability report

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Feb 8 17:29:55 CET 2007

Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
> Isaac Bennetch schrieb:
>> On 2/7/07, Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
>>> Isaac you are more than welcome on this list :)
>> Thank you
>>
>>> I guess that 2.10.0-rc1 should implement this change, but I wonder about
>>> the Home icon. Should we remove it right now?
>> Personally, I would strongly suggest leaving the home button. Removing
>> it will only confuse users who don't realize the logo is a link at all
>> -- plus the home button is very clear from a usability standpoint; we
>> wouldn't want to loose usability.
>>
>> Would it do to change libraries/config.default.php to:
>> $cfg['LeftLogoLink'] = '.'
>> ?
>>
>> Also we probably want to remove the target="_blank" from
>> libraries/navigation_header.inc.php line 28.
>
> this would open index.hphp (the frameset) inside the navigation frame again
> ... ;-)
>
> we need href="index.php" and target="_top" or
>
> href="main.php" and target="frame_main"
> or
> href="navigation.php" and target="frame_navi"
>
> but i would suggest first target="_top" and using
>
> $cfg['LeftLogoLink']          = 'index.php';   // where should logo link
> point to

Hmmm, for the Home icon, why don't we currently use
$cfg['DefaultTabServer'] instead of forcing "main.php" inside
libraries/navigation_header.inc.php ?

Another point: if we change the default $cfg['LeftLogoLink'], many
people who just copy their older config file won't see the change...
Not a big problem I guess?

Marc