[Phpmyadmin-devel] changelog strcutre

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Tue Feb 13 12:29:56 CET 2007

Hi,

how about changing our changelog structure?

are you all happy with current structure?

some suggestion:

  - date only once per day
  - prefix type if change: bugfix, change, new
  - add module info, f.e. sqlparser, config, themes, import, ...

release info in trunk changelog do says nothing - if we not also include
info in later chnages if it was backported to any other branch

do we really need to list all changed files? i think this comes from long
ago when no versioning system was used!?

f.e.:

2006-07-13
   User - USer
     - BUGFIX: #123456 - bug report title
     - BUGFIX: some notices
   User2 - USer2
     + NEW: [themes] new feature in themes
     / CHANGED: [gui] changed all layout table into fieldsets

2006-07-12
   User - User
     * SECURITY: #123458 - blah blah [QA_2_10, QA_2_9]

2006-07-11
   User - User

--
Sebastian Mendel