[Phpmyadmin-devel] 'connect' in sql?

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Feb 22 16:35:27 CET 2007

Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> in common.lib.php::PMA_mysqlDie()
>

> // if the config password is wrong, or the MySQL server does not
> // respond, do not show the query that would reveal the
> // username/password
> if (!empty($the_query) && !strstr($the_query, 'connect')) {
>
> ???
>
> what is 'connect' for???
>

> in 'ancient times' ... was it neccessary to use a sql command to connect ???

I think that this is a bug and is intented to catch a string like "Can't
connect to MySQL server", but it should have checked $error_message and
not $the_query for this.

Anyway, the current logic that traps connection errors (for example
libraries/auth/config.auth.lib.php in PMA_auth_fails() ) works correctly.

Marc