[Phpmyadmin-devel] roadmap

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Jul 5 12:52:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

I tested 2.11-dev under PHP 4.4.7 and there are problems. I will work on
these ASAP.

Contrary to a previous message by me, let's wait before message freezing
2.11.

Also, I suggest that after 2.11, the next new-feature version be
released after Feb 5 2008; this way we can publish a clear message with
the launch of GoPHP5 today.

Sebastian talked about naming this one phpMyAdmin 3. What do we do with
this? This version would have a certain amount of rewrites and old BC
removed so maybe it can justify version 3. From a user's perspective it
would certainly be easier to understand that starting with version 3 we
are PHP5-only.

As a reminder, here are the dates of previous releases:

2.6.4: 2005-09-10
2.7.0: 2005-12-04
2.8.0: 2006-03-06 (new a.b.c.d versions)
2.9.0: 2006-09-20
2.10.0: 2007-02-27

Marc