[Phpmyadmin-devel] going to PHP 5-only

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Jun 14 13:39:32 CEST 2007

Hi,
phpMyAdmin has been invited by a group of well-known open source
projects to participate in an initiative that is meant to promote PHP 5
and break the cycle where web hosts are not encouraged to upgrade to 5
because apps works on 4.

Specifically, if we agree to this, effective 5 February 2008, any
new-feature release will have a minimum required PHP version of 5.2.0.

I like the idea of a group of projects doing this (so no one is
penalized by being the first); I am in favor of this and would like your
feedback.

Marc