[Phpmyadmin-devel] going to PHP 5-only

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Jun 14 15:43:13 CEST 2007

Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
> Marc Delisle schrieb:
>> Hi,
>> phpMyAdmin has been invited by a group of well-known open source
>> projects to participate in an initiative that is meant to promote PHP 5
>> and break the cycle where web hosts are not encouraged to upgrade to 5
>> because apps works on 4.
>>
>> Specifically, if we agree to this, effective 5 February 2008, any
>> new-feature release will have a minimum required PHP version of 5.2.0.
>>
>> I like the idea of a group of projects doing this (so no one is
>> penalized by being the first); I am in favor of this and would like your
>> feedback.
>
> YES YES YES!!!
>
> ;-)
>
> a good point to make phpMyAdmin 3
>
> and drop MySQL 3.x and 4.0 support to?

My spamtrap (spamassassin) is becoming too restrictive these days, I'll
have to readjust the triggers. So I just read your answer.

I'm not sure about phpMyAdmin 3. We won't be changing the product much.

And I don't know about the market penetration for MySQL 3.x and 4.x. I
am in favor of dropping support for MySQL 3.x.

Marc