[Phpmyadmin-devel] going to PHP 5-only

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Fri Jun 15 14:08:42 CEST 2007

Robin H. Johnson a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 02:24:40PM +0200, Sebastian Mendel wrote:
>> and drop MySQL 3.x and 4.0 support to?
> Drop MySQL-3.x sure, but please don't drop 4.0 for another 6 months or
> so. I still have some consulting customers (with paid MySQL support
> contracts) that are only jumping from 4.0 to 5.1 when Christmas comes.

Robin,
we are talking about dropping support for older PHP and MySQL in our new
releases, after Feb 5 2008. Your customers will be able to run
phpMyAdmin 2.10.x (and probably 2.11.x) after this date, on older platforms.

P.S. We should also define what we mean by dropping support. Here are a
few points:

- We announce the fact on phpmyadmin.net: yes

- We no longer test for non-supported platform: yes

- We block and/or emit warnings for non-supported platforms: ?

- We remove code that relates to those platforms: ?

Marc