[Phpmyadmin-devel] MOPB-02-2007 deep recursion, phpMyAdmin affected?

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Thu Mar 1 16:01:00 CET 2007

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
>> http://www.php-security.org/MOPB/MOPB-02-2007.html
>>
>> i did not fully 'understand' how we are affected, but i think we are
>> affected somehow ... especially as i come to the sentence wehre phpMyAdmin
>> is explicitely mentioned ...
>>

> We recursively call PMA_gpc_extract(), maybe we can do something about
> this as a workaround to this PHP problem.
>
> To better see what happens, add a print_r() like this:
>
> function PMA_gpc_extract($array, &$target, $sanitize = true)
> {
>      print_r($array);
>      if ( ! is_array($array) ) {
>          return false;
>      }

but this comes after the iteration over $GLOBALS and

PMA_arrayWalkRecursive($_GET, 'stripslashes', true);
PMA_arrayWalkRecursive($_POST, 'stripslashes', true);
PMA_arrayWalkRecursive($_COOKIE, 'stripslashes', true);
PMA_arrayWalkRecursive($_REQUEST, 'stripslashes', true);

so this is too late ... ;-)

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de