[Phpmyadmin-devel] Fwd: fallback login to http or cookie when config

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:07:22 CET 2007

Greetings!

On 3/22/07, Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
> I would prefer to remove "config" auth.

While I don't object, some users may feel alienated if this change
isn't handled carefully. There are no doubt plenty of users who enjoy
the lack of authentication (many users are home users on a secured
intranet) that comes with config, and some who use .htaccess with
'config' to secure their systems (don't ask me why, but they like it
that way). I'm just saying that some users may be offended if the
feature silently disappears. Perhaps a poll on phpmyadmin.net or at
least a comment soliciting email feedback is warranted (perhaps not).

Just my thoughts, hope you all have a great day!
~isaac