[Phpmyadmin-devel] drop mysql extension for PMA 3.0.x ?

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Wed Oct 3 14:12:20 CEST 2007

Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
> Marc Delisle schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since PMA 3.0.x will require MySQL 5.0+, we could drop support for this
>> older extension.
>
> ok for me

I'm beginning to change my mind. Imagine for a second the shock wave
that would happen if PHP itself would drop the mysql extension. I think
we might have a shock wave too if we drop it.

Technically, dropping mysql extension is OK. But I just did some tests
with the mysql extension with a 5.0.45 client lib, and I could do
everything:

- authenticate with a user having 4.1+ password hashing
- change his password
- work with views: select, drop, update
- work with stored procedures
- work with triggers