[Phpmyadmin-devel] DefaultCharset = 'en-utf-8' ?

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Wed Oct 24 14:05:15 CEST 2007

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:34:52 +0200
> Sebastian Mendel <lists at sebastianmendel.de> wrote:
>
>> select_lang.lib.php#346:
>>
>> $convcharset = isset($GLOBALS['cfg']['DefaultCharset']) ?
>> $GLOBALS['cfg']['DefaultCharset'] : 'en-utf-8';
>>

>> shouldn't this be 'utf-8' without 'en'?
>
> Shouldn't cfg be always set since we're using default config stuff?

If everything goes right, yes. If there is a session.save_path problem, no.

See
http://phpmyadmin.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/phpmyadmin/trunk/phpMyAdmin/libraries/select_lang.lib.php?r1=10411&r2=10420

but I agree that I should have placed 'utf-8' in this patch.

So we should put back the line as in revision 10420, except 'utf-8'
instead of 'en-utf-8.

ok?