[Phpmyadmin-devel] Basic TIMESTAMP Question

ccormack colin.cormack at virgin.net
Tue Sep 18 22:14:42 CEST 2007

I am using version 2.8.0.1 as supplied by ixWebHosting and am having trouble
adding a TIMESTAMP field which I require to update each time a record is
added or updated.  If I add a record via phpMyAdmin interface everything is
OK, but when I try to use a php file, nothing is added to the database until
I delete the TIMESTAMP field.  IXwebhosting have suggested I pay $80 per
hour to them as it is a coding error, but I'm not convinced.
I am, however, a novice user!

My date field is as follows:

Field: Date
Type: timestamp
Collation:
Attributes: ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
Null: No
Default:
Extra:

My php file does not attempt to populate the Date field