[Phpmyadmin-devel] GPL violation by anelectron.com

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Mon Aug 4 01:42:03 CEST 2008

Jürgen Wind a écrit :
> FYI: from irc://irc.freenode.net/phpMyAdmin
> 19:03	A_Jelly_Donut	hi guys ... I thought you might be interested in a GPL
> violation. this non-GPL script is using your ZIP generating class:
> http://anelectron.com/
> ... the files involved are /main/classes/zip.php and unzip.php in that dir
> :)
>
> (but I did not look at it)
> Jürgen

Thanks. This code appeared in phpMyAdmin 2.2.1 but does not originate
from our project.

In the case of unzip, the author put his code under GPL so I guess it's
this author's job to look after violations.

In the case of zip, a past member of PMA's development team took the
code from the Zend code gallery and it's not clear what the license was;
I can't find this code on the gallery now.