[Phpmyadmin-devel] A few code changes

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Sat Aug 16 14:18:41 CEST 2008

Crack a écrit :
> A few changes to PMA code
>
> patch at http://trac.nq.pl/pma/browser/trunk/patches/pma_dev.patch
> most changes are obvious
> I changed only_db to an array as internally it makes no diffrence to PMA
> and it's easier for me to handle variables that have only one type. I
> think the only
> place where this change matters is _checkOnlyDatabase() in
> List_Database.class.php (fix also in patch)

Hi Piotr,
Is this change for only_db needed by your GSoC code? Because I don't see
your point. The "if" just before this one transforms the string into an
array if there is something inside it. And we use strlen() instead of
empty() to support the case where the db name is '0'.

Other typos and comment fixes merged in trunk.

> import.lib.php
> ==============
> PMA_importRunQuery()
>> 	unused $timeout_passed in global
>> 	$cfg mentioned two times in global

Merged.

> export.php
> ==========
> $onfly_compression = $GLOBALS['cfg']['CompressOnFly'] && ($compression
> == 'gzip' | $compression == 'bzip');
> $onfly_compression = $GLOBALS['cfg']['CompressOnFly'] && ($compression
> == 'gzip' || $compression == 'bzip');
>> 	use the logic OR operator, there's no need for binary operations here

Merged.
>> 	I can't find where "on the fly" compression is enabled, is it used at all?

The CompressOnFly comes from config.inc.php.

> tbl_properties.inc.php
> ======================
>     $hint = '<p>' .
>         sprintf($strMIME_transformation_note,
>             '<a href="transformation_overview.php?'
>             . PMA_generate_common_url($db, $table) . '" target="_blank">',

We are not inside a <li> at this point.

> Config.class.php
> PMA_Config::getThemeUniqueValue()
> reading pma_fontsize cookie may produce a notice when it isn't set,
> add isset check

Ok, added by precaution.