[Phpmyadmin-devel] about "Invalid parameter for CSV import: Fields enclosed by"

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Mon Jan 21 22:34:40 CET 2008

Hi,
we got a few requests about this. Probably the most common generator of
CSV files is MS Excel, and this fine application, when saving as CSV,
generates a semi-colon separated file with no possibility of specifying
the enclosing character (at least in the default dialog, I did not dig
everywhere).

But phpMyAdmin refuses to import it (see subject). I deactivated the
message in my copy of PMA then imported some simple sample data

Marc;1
Luc;2

(removing the double quotes in the CSV dialog), it went fine so I am
tempted to get rid of this validation but would like to hear your comments.

Marc