[Phpmyadmin-devel] PhpMyAdmin - exporting SQL procedures

goldchop christinahugill at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 20:23:53 CEST 2008

Hi, I am hoping that someone may be able to help me out here...

I recently created a database in phpMyAdmin 2.11.4.  As well as the database
I have created a large number of SQL stored procedures.  When creating these
stored procedures, I changed the delimeter to $$ as oposed to the standard
";", this is because I have created many PHP 5 scripts which interact with
the database.  I have built an ecommerce site and the SQL procedures query
my database (retrieve the products within the catalog of goods).

When I finished developing the site it all work well on my test server -
XAMPP.  Recently I signed up with a host company where I have FTP'd all my
coding onto the server.  All that is fine.  I then uploaded my database onto
an SQL 5 server.  I did this by exporting the data in phpMyAdmin into an
.sql file and then uploaded it onto the server by importing the .sql file.
It uploaded no problems but when I checked the server it only imported the
database but not the stored procedures which are key to my site working
properly.

If the hosting company supported the latest version of phpMyAdmin I would be
able to create these SQL stored procedures again and there wouldn't be a
problem, however they don't.  Their version of phpMyAdmin does not allow the
user to change the delimeter.

So, sorry for the long-winded story but my question is - is there a way of
exporting the database and all the SQL procedures?  I have been over and
over the process of exporting it into a .sql file and it still doesn't work.
There must be a way...or I guess if not I will need to find a hosting
company that supports the latest version of phpMyAdmin.

I would be grateful for any help, I am at the end of my tether and I know
the fault lies nowhere else as everything else works.l